April 27, 2024, 09:50:56 pm

News:

Unlogical names will be denied acces. Check your mail/spambox!

GlennF`s panorama reef

Started by admin, April 29, 2017, 01:57:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

glennf

October 22, 2022, 07:39:44 pm #90 Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 07:55:38 pm by glennf
Ultra-goniopora, amazingballs-goniopora, rare-goniopora ....

They grow like weed in here.
Does this means i am sitting on a goldmine?
https://youtube.com/shorts/71EJv8kJK1o?feature=share

glennf

Reefscaping is always fun
These are for section1, because i need more space for new corals.

https://youtu.be/20WtL-cmGV8

glennf

October 28, 2022, 12:46:20 am #92 Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:45:00 am by glennf
The first island has been commissioned
Can't wait to do some  more soon....

Before:

glennf

The remaining island got an upgrade

glennf

glennf

De spotlight van vandaag is deze felrode bloempotkoraal (Goniopora Lobata). Ik heb deze met veel succes vermeerderd en in verschillende omstandigheden geplaatst, waardoor ze er heel verschillend uitzien.

Today's spotlight is this bright red flowerpot coral (Goniopora Lobata). This coral has been propagated with great success. Placed in different conditions, the colours have developed a few variations

[MEDIA=youtube]o3ED5-Z0lBo[/MEDIA]

glennf

At one time, I got this coral as ultra-goniopora. Recently, I discovered that the correct name for this species is bernardpora. I had had it since 2015 and until recently it was not growing really fast. Now the propagation is going quite well.

Ooit heb ik dit koraal als ultra-goniopora gekregen. Onlangs ontdekte ik dat de juiste naam voor deze soort bernardpora is. Ik had hem sinds 2015 en tot voor kort groeide hij niet echt hard. Nu gaat de vermeerdering best goed.

https://youtu.be/qf64_4XJHao

glennf

November 11, 2022, 09:13:44 pm #97 Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 09:18:33 pm by glennf
A while ago i bought a small frag from this pink goniopora w.yellow centre. Now i manage to let it  flourishing and also succesfully propagated it. I spead it out over several systems and observe how it will develop.

Een tijdje geleden heb ik een klein stekje gekocht van deze roze goniopora met geel hartje. Nu lukt het me om hem te laten bloeien en hem ook succesvol te vermeerderen. Ik heb het over meerdere systemen verspreidt om te kijken hoe hij zich zal ontwikkelen.

https://youtu.be/he7UYHmpKOI

glennf

This coral was given to me by a LFS because it was slowly dying and he intended to throw it in the garbage bin.
After a slow recovery it started to flourish from a dull yellow coral to a colorfull bernardpora with intense orange tentacles and green centre.
I need to frag it soon, because i am out of space.i also need to make frags for the savekeeping of this specie.

Dit koraal kreeg ik van een winkelier omdat het langzaam doodging en hij het in de vuilnisbak wilde gooien.
Na een langzaam herstel begon het op te bloeien van een saai geel koraal tot een kleurrijke bernardpora met intens oranje tentakels met een groen hart.
Ik moet hem binnenkort stekken, want ik heb geen ruimte meer. Ik moet ook stekken maken voor het veiligstellen van deze soort.

https://youtu.be/MRFwWVfiwHI

glennf

New footage of the panoramareef, section1

glennf

Do we spend time to edit all our pictures afterwards to make them more appealing?

Which one do you think represents  the true colors?  A, B, C, D, None of All ........

glennf

January 08, 2023, 04:57:14 pm #101 Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 05:18:21 pm by glennf
A few critical readers broached the subject that many posted photo looked unnatural and exaggerated and drew the conclusion that it couldn't be otherwise that they must have been post-processed with photoshop or lightroom.
In short, no photos are post-processed because it is a time-consuming and inefficient way of posting. Moreover, it often misrepresents reality.
Here, the problems are tackled differently.
- It starts with getting the most out of the lighting, so that the result (growth and colour) is also satisfactory to the eye.
- Then we set up this lighting for the camera so that it can do something with it directly.
- Because we use a predominantly blue spectrum in marine aquaria, every photo will be blue. That's why we set the white balance correction to 10K Kelvin.
By carrying out the above steps properly, you basically don't have to edit all photos afterwards to get a decent result. This will save you from boring operations and you won't be tempted to overdo things either.
Here you can see what you can achieve with the right lighting, camera setting (2sec) and direct posting(5sec). It doesn't get any more effective than this with post-processing all the photos
Fishes are an indispensable part of our aquarium ecosystem. They are part of it and you want to enjoy the colourful splendour of these fish both live and on camera. That doesn't work under tight blue light. You can also see from the colours of these fish that there has been no messing around with photo editing programmes and filters.
In the first photo, the exposure is set slightly darker on camera. Not excessive but bad to reduce the haze/reflection of the lights on the windscreen.

NL:
Een paar kritische lezers sneden het onderwerp aan dat veel geposte foto onnatuurlijk en overdreven overkwamen en trokken de conclusie dat het niet anders kon dat ze moeten zijn nabewerk met photoshop of lightroom.
Om kort te zijn: er worden geen foto's nabewerkt, omdat het een tijdrovend en onefficient manier van posten is. Bovendien is het vaak een foute representie van de werkelijkheid.
Hier worden de problemen anders aangepakt.
- Het begint met het optimale uit de verlichting  te halen, zodat het resultaat (groei en kleur) voor het oog ook bevredigend is.
- daarna gaan we deze verlichting voor de camera instellen zodat dat die er ook direct iets mee kan.
- omdat wij in het zeeaquarium en voornamelijk blauw spectrum gebruiken zal elke foto blauw uitslaan. Daarvoor doen we de witbalans correctie op 10K kelvin.
Door bovenstaande stappen goed uit te voeren hoef je in principe niet alle foto's achteraf te bewerken om een fatsoenlijk resultaat te krijgen. Daarmee bespaar je op saaie handelingen en kom je ook niet in de verleiding de zaken te overdrijven.
Hier zie je wat je kan bereiken met de juiste verlichting, camera instelling (2sec) en direct posten(5sec). Effectiever dan dit gaat het niet met nabewerken van alle foto's
Vissen zijn een onmisbaar onderdeel van het ecosysteem van ons aquarium. Het hoort erbij en je wilt zowel live als  via de camera van de kleurenpracht van deze vissen kunnen genieten. Dat lukt niet onder strak blauw licht. Je ziet aan die vissen  ook dat er niet gerommeld is met fotobewerking programmas en voorzetfilters.
Bij de eerste foto is de belichting iets donkerder ingesteld bij de camera. Niet overdreven maar slecht om de waas/reflectie van de lampen op de voorruit te verminderen.

glennf

January 27, 2023, 02:01:00 pm #102 Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:04:38 pm by glennf
This is the tank january 2023
In the morning when there is more blue light because the white are not on yet
https://youtu.be/ptOMhaY8L10

glennf

February 26, 2023, 09:48:46 pm #103 Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 09:55:50 pm by glennf
A few top down shots from the Panoramareef

glennf

February 26, 2023, 09:51:31 pm #104 Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 08:52:15 am by glennf
More topdown...